Google as part of it’s 10th anniversary if offering $10 million as a reward for changing world’s best ideas into products. The project is called “Project 10 to the 100th”. Participants can submit ideas in 7 categories. They include
- Community: How can we help connect people, build communities and protect unique cultures?
- Opportunity: How can we help people better provide for themselves and their families?
- Energy: How can we help move the world toward safe, clean, inexpensive energy?
- Environment: How can we help promote a cleaner and more sustainable global ecosystem?
- Health: How can we help individuals lead longer, healthier lives?
- Education: How can we help more people get more access to better education?
- Shelter: How can we help ensure that everyone has a safe place to live?
- Everything else: Sometimes the best ideas don’t fit into any category at all.
- Visit the Project10tothe100 website
- Answer 20 questions.
- You can upload a 30 second Youtube video in which you can explain the idea in detail
- Submit the form.
100 best ideas would be selected from the ideas submitted. The public would be asked to vote the best idea of the 100 ideas selected and based on the voting top 20 ideas would be chosen. A panel will choose 5 best ideas out of the 20. $10 million would be used to implement the 5 ideas.
For your ideas to be selected the following parameters should be paid attention to
- Reach: How many people would this idea affect?
- Depth: How deeply are people impacted? How urgent is the need?
- Attainability: Can this idea be implemented within a year or two?
- Efficiency: How simple and cost-effective is your idea?
- Longevity: How long will the idea’s impact last?
The project10tothe100 is part of the Google ‘s 10th birthday website. By the way the deadline for submissions is October 20th 2008.