Job Interviews are tough but at the same time they are a good judge of the candidate as well. Here are some job interview questions that are interesting and can be a challenge to answer. Some of the questions have links to a Human Resource portal called Glassdoor website where the questions have been discussed with possible answers.
Toughest job interview questions people got asked during job interviews
- Why should we not hire you?
- One thing that you would change about your last job?
- What would a person, who likes you the least, say about you or describe you?
- You want to design a phone for deaf people — how do you do it?
- If you were a street sign, what would you be? – Question asked at Sales Associate at Pacific Sunwear job interview.
- Think of a product or service that no one has ever thought of before, one that you think would be revolutionary for your university. How would you market it? – Question asked during job interview for a Summer Marketing Analyst at JP Morgan Chase.
- What’s the most creative way you can break a clock? – Question asked at a Apple Intern job interview.
- What is the greatest risk you have ever taken?
- “What do you want?” and “Give me some details on how you prepared for this interview.” – The question was asked at a Google Administrative Assistance interview.
- Have you had a bad experience with an employer? If yes please provide the details.
- What do you want out of this job?
- How long will it take you to add value to the company?
- What is success?
- There are infinite black and white dots on a plane. Prove that the distance between one black dot and one white dot is one unit. – Interview question asked during a job interview for Technology Analyst at Goldman Sachs.
- A disc is spinning on a spindle, and you don’t know which way. You are given a set of pins. Describe how you would use them to determine which way the disc is spinning? – Software Development Engineer at Microsoft job interview question.
- Describe a dynamometer to us as if we were 8 year old children.
- How would you cut a circular cake into eight equal pieces?
- If you were given a box of pencils, list 10 things you could do with them that are not their traditional use. – Question asked at an interview for Google Administrative Assistant job interview.
- How do you feel about working in extreme weather conditions all year round?
- Do you believe in higher power? – Question asked at a Pepsico job interview.
- How would you design an elevator? – This one is quite confusing for a non-designer.
- Name as many Microsoft products as you can.
Enough for now. If you have any answers to the above questions which you would like to share please leave them in the comments.